Important - Required Library!
BC Helicopters requires the following libraries be installed for proper display of the addon!
Best known from the Pilot Yellow YouTube channel, BC Helicopters is a flight school in British Columbia, Canada. BCH was also the first operator of and is now a dealer for Cabri helicopters in Canada.
This scenery has been designed from the ground up, in detail from various video and aerial sources. It has also been made in collaboration with HCG, who has released a freeware Guimbal Cabri G2 alongside this scenery!
BC Helicopters is spawnable using its fictional ICAO code: BCH1. Parking spawns have been set for both helipads, as well as fuel. Runway starts have been positioned on pad 1 & 2, offering you the ability to spawn with your engine running. However, because of these spawns, there are a few minor side-effects. Please see NOTAMS below for more info!
Released in collaboration with HCG for his Guimbal Gabri G2!
- 15cm/px aerial imagery.
AI enhanced, hand-corrected and colored to match the surrounding terrain.
- Custom buildings and various clutter models.
Up to 8k resolution PBR materials.
- Hand-placed vegetation.
Weeds, Shrubs/Bushes, Shrub Crops, Grapevines, & 3D Trees!
- Helipad Spawns
Features cold & dark parking and runway spawns on both helipads, as well as a working fuel spot. Notice: Runway spawns may not spawn you accurately on the pad - this is aircraft dependent and out of my control.
The included "esd-airport-bc-helicopters" folder should be placed into your MSFS "Packages\Community" folder. The scenery will load the next time you start Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Please be advised that you may experience the following:
- After World Update: Canada, BCH is no longer compatible with CYXX - Abbotsford by Ryanosaurus13! Old terraforming in the scenery causes elevation issues at BCH.
- Runway spawns may not spawn you accurately on the pad - this is aircraft dependent and out of my control. Parking spots are normally accurate.
- BC Helicopters is currently listed as an airport. This is because a runway is needed to add cold & dark spawns to the scenery. Helipads currently act as runway starts and will spawn you with your engine running. This will be corrected in the future when it's possible to have cold & dark helipad starts.
- The windsock may drop to and stay stuck at half-mast when loading into the heliport. This seems to be a sim issue where sometimes the elevation offset value doesn't get accounted for on load-in.
A very special thanks to the Got Friends team for their knowledge and contributions which have helped me to create better and better addons over the last several months.
The Grapevines, Small Shrub Crop, & Fuel Tank models present in the scenery were all contributed by Mykrode of Got Friends. Thanks for taking that workload off my back and helping this scenery meet its Canada Day release date!
Thanks to DeltaTango for providing their library of Campers which have been referenced in this scenery!
Stay in the loop!
Stay in the loop with news on future projects and updates, get product support, or just come say hello on our Discord! You can also find Emerald Scenery Design on the following social media platforms:
Thank you for your support!
Thank you to everyone who has supported me in creating these detailed addons! If you would like to help me continue to make addons like this, check out my current payware offerings, or consider leaving a donation!
Cant afford monetary support? You can also support me by:
- Leaving me a honest Review and Rating.
- Sharing or posting about my addons in your groups and communities.
- Checking out my YouTube channel for other flightsim and development related content!