RAF Mount Pleasant (EGYP) is a Royal Air Force station in the south Atlantic. It is home to between 1,000 and 2,000 British military personnel, it remains the newest purpose-built RAF station. It is home to 1435 Flight, a Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4 unit.
This scenery has reached a level where I'm finally happy to release it as version 1.0! There's still lots more I want to do to further improve this scenery. My aim is to offer a good approximation of RAF Mount Pleasant, and a significant improvement over the autogen, however it's not possible to be super accurate since there is very limited photographic reference material avaialbe. I'll strive to make it as good as I can within that scope, but if you've come here looking for a payware-level airfield then sorry but this might not be for you!
The autogen scenery for this airport was very poor, with wildly inaccurate high-rise buildings and poor apron texture colours, plus a general lack of detail as expected with auto-gen airports. I've made a wide range of improvements, including:
- Custom models with PBR materials and textures for many buildings, including:
- Main passenger terminal
- Large main hangar (thanks to Vortex SD for helping out and creating this model!)
- Hardened air shelters
- Control tower
- Fire station
- Dozens of misc hangars and warehouse buildings
- Where custom models aren't used, most of the remaining autogen buildings have been replaced with more suitable Asobo models.
- Replacement apron and taxiway textures, hand-drawn polygons to match satellite imagery materials
- Static aircraft ( although see "Wanted" section below)
- Improved runway markings, arrestor cables etc.
- Added clutter, vehicles and other airfield equipment
- Added dirt, tyre marks, etc to improve realism
- Added more painted lines to taxiways, roads, walkways, aircraft parking ramps
- Redo terraforming across the entire site - currently the entire airport has been "flattened" to make the runway and taxiways usable as an interim measure, however I'm not happy with this solution and plan to redo the terraforming as a priority. This will likely require deletion and manual recreation of all stock runways, taxiways, parking.and painted lines!
- Ongoing refinement and additional detail everywhere.
- Custom models for more buildings, including:
- Square buildings with inner courtyard (currently auto-gen)
- More residential buildings
- Power station
- Bunker type buildings north of runways (ammunition stores?)
REQUIRED DEPENDENCY: I've used some models from the excellent RAF Lossiemouth scenery by nickb007 - thank you for letting me do this Nick. Note: Please also ensure your community folder contains the "jyai_eurofighter_typhoon_ai_only" folder which is included with the Lossiemouth scenery, in order to get the static Typhoon model. Ensure you get v1.6.0 or later.
OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: We Love VFR region 1, for the radio mast models.
OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Turtletank's Scenery Developer library, for the runway distance remaining signs
REQUIRED DEPENDENCY: Various Sim, World and City Updates. If in doubt I suggest you install them all, but I've definitely used several buildings from Oceania World Update XIII.
A static Dash-7 model in British Antarctic Survey livery (quite a niche request I know! 🤣)
A static Voyager model
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
Although not needed for my scenery, check out these 1435 Flight Eurofighter Typhoon liveries if you own the CJ Simulations Typhoon.