It is locally known by its IATA code RDU, is the main airport serving Raleigh, Durham, and the surrounding Research Triangle region of North Carolina. It is located in unincorporated Wake County, but is surrounded by the City of Raleigh to the North and East, and the towns of Cary and Morrisville to the South. The airport covers 5,000 acres (2,000 ha; 20 km2) and has three runways.
KRDU is the first Scenery developed by the FeelThere Team for Microsoft Flight Simulator and surely not the last.
KRDU v2.0.0 Updates
- Improved performance. Reduced poly count on terminal and introduced LODs that were causing crashes for some.
- Fixed elevation issues regarding buildings not placed on the ground
- Fixed broken jetway issues. All jetways have been repositioned.
- Excluded new photogrammetry areas within the airport boundary
- Added Runway Alignment Indicator Lights to Rwy 5L, 5R & 23L.
- Added Sequenced Flashers to Rwy 23R.
- Corrected all taxi routes. ATC will now name the routes updated to 2022 maps.
- Adjusted main terminal parking spots, jetway headings & parking position.
- Added more GA parking spots.
- Removed Aprons covering satellite imagery inside airport boundary.
- Added grass to cover old satellite imagery (Buildings, taxiways that no longer exist)
- Improved light lighting. Added new apron lamps at T2, more streetlamps & parking l
- Replaced tire_gum texture that conflicts with some graphics addons.
- Resolved some issues present when photogrammetry was turned on near the taxiway bridges and Runway 14/32
- High detail models
- Partial internal model
- Custom ground lines and buildings
- Highly detailed textures, Physically Based Rendering (PBR), reflective and realistic textures