FR172 REIMS ROCKET / CESSNA R172 HAWK XP II
by bagolu & MBX Aviation
We are happy to present you this free mod bringing an iconic member of the Cessna 172 family having a interesting power gain.
Nb. even though this is not realistic, it is currently based on the AS1000 mod patch.
A gauges version is planed for the future.
How to install it ?
Like all other mods :
- Remove previous version if there is one (in case some mod files are removed).
- Drop it in your community folder.
- Have a carefull look at the compatibility list
What are Reims Rocket and Hawk XPII ?
The FR172 Reims Rocket was produced by Reims Aviation in France from the late 1960s to the mid-1970s. It was powered by a Rolls-Royce built, fuel-injected, Continental IO-360-H(B) 210 hp (160 kW) engine with a constant-speed propeller.
The Reims Rocket led to Cessna producing the R172K Hawk XP, a model available from 1977 to 1981 from both Wichita and Reims. This configuration featured a fuel-injected, Continental IO-360K derated to 195 hp (145 kW) with a two-bladed, constant-speed propeller. The Hawk XP was capable of a 131-knot (243 km/h) cruise speed. (wikipedia)
What's in this mod ?
This mod is based on the C172SP from asobo, thanks to the to Games content usage rules.
All options available in this mod can be set in the book on pilot's left compartment storage.
The flight model has been modified to match the Reims Rocket aptitudes :
- Engine udgrade : 210HP, up to 2800RPM
- Prop change : constant speed
The external and internal 3D model have been modified
- A new fuselage nose design matching olders C172 from that era
- 3 blade prop and approriate nose cone
- New exhaust pipe
- Prop lever
- WT1000 modifications to display manifold pressure and RPMs
- All the features from 172SP Skyhawk AS1000 improvement
- Moving sun visors
- Opening doors & windows
- Removable wheels fairings
- Wheels chocks, tie downs, covers,
- Custom seat configuration
- checklists cards and flip box
- Sky diving setup
- top opening door
- a large foot step
- empty interior
The mod includes **liveries** from real Reims Rocket or Hawk XP II airplanes.
Most of the liveries for Asobo C172SP should be easy to convert to this plane. You may expect modifications on the nose plane.
A specific paint kit will be available.
What's planned for the future ?
- 2 blade variant
- most of the XP Hawk have a 2 blade prop, some of the Reims Rocket too
- 195HP derated engine
- Cowl flaps (outside model, and control in cockpit)
- Rudder trim wheel
- Gauges cockpit (this will be a lot of work, don't be too impatient)
- Sound tweaking
- Synchronisation with 172SP Skyhawk AS1000 improvement
- state saving, aging, cargo options, maps, external apps...
- WT G1000NXI mod is selected by default.
- WBSims classic mod is not related to this plane (it's for classic variant) : no incompatibility
You may find incompatibility with mods that update default html library in MSFS. Please report them if it's the case.
- Existing Cessna Skyhawk AS1000 LIVERIES are compatible but need to be converted for this mod
- B78XH mod is reported to be cause side effects (it's true with other planes too)
Thanks to AirMoose1, Pops738, Ann0v for the tests and debugs, fixes...
check also my other mods : https://flightsim.to/profile/bagolu/uploads